View Vacancy – Trade Advisor (Department for International Trade) (05/17 ABI)
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Department for International Trade roles)
Department for International Trade (DIT)
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
To identify export and overseas direct investment opportunities in Cote d’Ivoire and promote these to UK companies; to work closely with the African Development Bank (AfDB) in Abidjan to identify opportunities for UK companies to secure Aid- Funded Business, support UK companies seeking to secure Aid- Funded Business from the AfDB.
To respond promptly to enquiries from UK business seeking to export their goods or services to Côte d’Ivoire or seeking to bid for aid funded business tendered by the African Development Bank; to provide ongoing support to British companies exploring exporting or investing into Côte d’Ivoire including by organising trade missions; to provide market insight and sector-specific analysis according to their needs (on a chargeable basis); stay abreast with UK companies operating in Cote d’Ivoire to fully understand their objectives.
Roles and responsibilities
UK firms can offer expertise across a range of sectors which respond to the opportunities, demands and requirements resulting from West Africa’s economic growth and diversification. The region has significant long-term economic potential with vast natural resources and a young and growing population. West Africa offers a wide array of business opportunities, especially in the oil and gas sector but also increasingly in areas such as mining, infrastructure and agriculture. Current trade figures are good but we want to do better.
As part of the British Government’s commitment to increasing UK exports worldwide, the UK’s West Africa trade team has offices in Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Guinea, and Senegal and forms part of the wider Africa continental network of another 14 countries. The team is developing a trade strategy to identify and better tap into West Africa’s vast potential and increase trade between the UK and the region. The job holder will need to take a regional approach, working with colleagues in offices across Africa to maximise the trading relationship between the UK and Cote d’Ivoire in particular but also contributing to increased UK trade across the continent through working with the AfDB.
The key sectors of focus are currently extractives, energy, infrastructure, and education. These sectors are subject to annual review.
- Build and develop a network of key contacts across government and the private sector, in order monitor sector developments and identify opportunities for UK business interested in or already working in Cote d’Ivoire. Providing information, monitoring procurement websites and proactively contacting British businesses, ensuring a good quality service is provided to our UK customers;
- Engage directly with British companies with an interest in exploring export opportunities in Côte d’Ivoire, producing good quality detailed reports, market insights and sector or product-specific information and analysis;
- Work closely with the African Development Bank (AfDB) to identify and promote Aid-Funded Business opportunities for UK firms to bid for, acting as the bridge between AfDB and DIT teams across Africa,
- Provide tailored support to a number of UK firms seeking to win aid funded business from the AfDB
- Meet annual DIT targets in Cote d’Ivoire for UK companies winning new business in Cote d’Ivoire, contribute to meeting regional targets to increase in the number of companies exporting across the region.
- Upload export opportunities in Cote d’Ivoire and those offered by the AfDB onto the UK Department for International Trade’s customised database, and ensure that targets to identify new export opportunity are met throughout the year;
Pour voir la suite de l’offre et postuler, cliquez sur —> POSTULER À L’OFFRE